How about some quiet time after the busy visiting of the season today. Find some puzzles, or read a book either on your own or together. Make a comfy corner if you don’t already have one with those extra pillows and blankets we all have around the house. Also enjoy a nice warm cup of apple cider.
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 tbsp. orange zest
- pure maple syrup, optional for added sweetness
- Combine spices in a sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat until aromatic, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the nutmeg, and stir to combine. The, add in the apple juice and orange zest. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, depending on how strong you like your cider.
- Pour juice through a fine-mesh sieve, into a mug. Allow to cool slightly.