Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Setting a good example for our children is important . Demonstrating taking turns, having fun, can be done together as a family. Make today a day to do some fun things together as a family. Try setting up 5 family fun activities in your back yard with various degrees of difficulty depending on the ages of your children. Time everyone doing them using your phone or delegate this to one of the children as remember you have to have a turn too. Demonstrating means all have to do! Declare a winner and see who wants to have another go!
Place the objects required for each activity around your yard, or deck or take them to the park. Have a starting line and a finishing line.
Here are some examples:-
- Tape on the driveway or 2×4 6 feet long- walk a tight rope.
- Place a blanket between two chairs and crawl through the tunnel.
- Place a row of sticks on the ground and jump over them.
- Stand on one leg and pass a ball around your body 10 times.
- Have a bowl filled with water and a cup and jug- fill the jug with water using the cup.